Power Management Software for Smart RS232
UPSilon - UNIX for Bright UPS monitoring and controlling software continuously monitors the status of the utility AC power and the UPS battery condition via the RS232 serial port in the UPS. Bright UPS will notify the UPSilon software when the AC source has failed and that the UPS is using the battery to support the AC output to the computer. If a prolonged power outage occurs, UPSilon - UNIX for Bright UPS software detects the Low Battery status. UPSilon will then automatically save files and cause an orderly shutdown of application software and the operating system before the battery capacity has been exhausted.
In addition, the UPSilon version of power management software monitors, analyses and logs a wide range UPS operating parameters via RS232 serial port in the UPS. UPSilon supports the real-time graphical display of input/output voltage, frequency, output load, and UPS temperatures and battery capacity.
SUN Sparc, SUN Ultra, IBM RS6000, HP9000, PC's, SGI Server, DEC Alpha
Operating Systems Supported:
SCO UNIX, HP-UX, SUN OSV4.x, SUN Solaris, UNIXWARE, SGI-IRIX, LINUX, DEC UNIX & OSF, DEC ULTRIX, IBM AIX, Motorola AIX & SVR4
- Power failure and low battery detected through smart RS232
- Orderly system shutdown after low battery detected.
- Power data analysis log
- Programmable shutdown timer and warning period
- Shutdown of UPS inverter to save battery capacity after system shutdown
- Broadcast and recording of abnormal power status
- Execute command file
- Email and pager notification
- Local control via UPS communications port
- Remote control through TCP/IP or Internet
- Event log for review of event history
- Multiple language support
- Programmable start & shutdown